Welcome to my mind...or fragments of it, anyway. Here I will share with you my thoughts and opinions on everything from music, gaming, social networking and random shit I find funny, annoying, ridiculous and worth mentioning. It will not be safe for your kids to read...and, at times, may not be terribly safe to open at work.

You may or may not always agree with what you find here, but you are always welcome to refute, debate and comment on it...and then, immediately go fuck yourself. You have been warned.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Guilty Pleasure: Glee



That's right, I said it...and I'll say it again, I watch and enjoy the shit out of Glee. I don't DVR it, or set my plans around it...nor do I consider myself a "Gleek". Hell, if it wasn't on the same night as Raising Hope, I wouldn't even know what day it airs. I have, however, seen every episode prior to this Season...and I get a kick out of it. 


Funny how I see men cringe at the thought and vehemently deny even knowing what the show is, as if it is an attack on their manhood. God forbid another guy knows of their knowledge of it's existence, for fear of having their manhood questioned. Honestly, if you are that insecure about what you allow yourself to enjoy based on what your boys think - I am questioning your "manhood" already. 


I suppose, since I "outed" my self for watching it, that I should explain why. No problem.

First, Jane Lynch. She is remarkably funny and a terror to the kids and teachers on the show. How can you not back a villain who tosses a few of these out per episode:





  • ''So you like show tunes. It doesn't mean you're gay. It just means you're awful.''
  • ''I will no longer be carrying around photo ID. Know why? People should know who I am."
  • ''I thought I smelled cookies wafting from the ovens of the little elves that live in your hair.''
  • ''That was the most offensive thing I've seen in 20 years of teaching — and that includes an elementary school production of  Hair.''
  • ''I don't trust a man with curly hair. I can't help picturing small birds laying sulfurous eggs in there, and I find it disgusting.''
  • ''I am going to create an environment so toxic no one will want to be part of that club. Like the time I sold my house to a nice young couple and salted the earth in the backyard so that nothing could grow there for 100 years. Know why I did that? Because they tried to get me to pay their closing costs.''
  • ''I like minorities so much, I'm thinking of moving to California to become one.''
  • ''I will go to the animal shelter and get you a kitty cat. I will let you fall in love with that kitty cat. And then on some dark, cold night, I will steal away into your house...and punch you in the face.''
  • "All I want is just one day a year when I'm not visually assaulted by uglies and fatties. Seriously, Ohio, these retinas need a day off. So here's the dream, the Friday after Christmas, which I have off, if you're hideous stay at home. Spend the entire day watching home videos of a time when you weren't too repulsive for me to ever want to look at."
  • "This year, I got myself a bit of an eyelift. And while they were in there, I told them to go ahead and yank out those tear ducts. Wasn't using 'em."









Second, Heather Morris. On top of being only the second funniest actor on the show ( behind Jane Lynch ) the girl can dance her terribly cute little ass off. So much so, and I will take an example from a friend of mine, she steals every number that involves her dancing in any way. Don't believe me?




Beyond those two, I don't care if the rest of the kids live or die in a house fire. I do, however, enjoy the way they interact and how the show comes off. It isn't really any different from any other show on TV in that respect - but with music and signing and dancing. I happen to enjoy that when done correctly, too.

It seems that guys have a huge problem with admitting to enjoying anything that gets them shit from their macho guy friends. I'll tell you this much, I can run circles around any jock or tough-guy when it comes to sports knowledge. Any sport...any aspect of the one you choose. Pick any "macho" subject you want and I got you. My "man card" isn't pulled because I enjoy some kids having fun singing and dancing and carrying on. So you continue to do what is expected of you...and I will do what I enjoy.

So, yeah, I watch Glee...and I enjoy it. Get a kick out of, even. I'm not telling you to run out and watch it, but what I am telling you is to stop acting like you're too tough for it or it's too gay for you. Honestly, watching it with your significant other might get you some points with her...and might definitely get you out of doing much worse things.